VMware Horizon Community
januismer
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Auto-Login Clarification Please

Environment  VMWare View 5.0 Agents/Manager

I have a Windows XP host PC that I'm logging into.  The View Client was installed with the option to "Login as Current User".  These creditials appear to work just fine authenticating to View and I'm automatically presented with my Windows 7 View Desktop. However, I am required to login again to Windows 7 View Desktop.  I don't want to login again.  I want my Windows XP credentials to pass to the Windows 7 View Desktop.  Is this possible?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Also check out this thread.   http://communities.vmware.com/message/1637672#1637672   A user ran into the problem where SSO wasn't working because he had set the Windows 7 PC to not use ctrl, alt, del.   Once enabled SSO worked fine. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Your message kinda makes is sound like it works from one machine but not another? It also makes it sound like it does not work at all?

>>I have a Windows XP host PC that I'm logging into.  The View Client was installed with the option to "Login as Current User".  These creditials appear to >> work just fine authenticating to View and I'm automatically presented with my Windows 7 View Desktop.

I read this as. I have a XP PC with the View Client installed and Log on as current user enabled ( end statement )

Using your Domain Credentials ( same as your XP?) you can log into View, using the View client and are presented with a  Win7 Desktop ( End statement )

>> However, I am required to login again to Windows 7 View Desktop.  I don't want to login again.  I want my Windows XP credentials to pass to the

>> Windows 7 View Desktop.

From this statement I get the following: Using the View client running on an XP PC. You log into the View Client, select a Win7 based pool and are prompted for a login when the Win7 login shows up?

Did you mean to say? Using the View client running on an XP PC. I launch the View client and expect my local credentials to pass to it, skipping the View login. However, it doesn't and I still need to enter them?

Depending on what is happing what you are trying to acheive is possilble. The most common errors in trying to get this to work are as follows:

- The client machine is not in the same Domain as the Virtual Desktop with proper trusts in place. Or the Client machine is not in the domain at all.

- Time Sync between the client and virtual desktop is off causing ticketing issues.

WP

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Also check out this thread.   http://communities.vmware.com/message/1637672#1637672   A user ran into the problem where SSO wasn't working because he had set the Windows 7 PC to not use ctrl, alt, del.   Once enabled SSO worked fine. 

0 Kudos
januismer
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ah... Allow me to clarfiy...

Auto-Login to the View Client works from all PC Hosts for View Authentication.

However, once I'm authenticated to View and then presented with my View Windows 7 Desktop, I'm at the login screen, forcing me to login to Windows 7.  Shouldn't having the the Auto-Login enabled in the View client automatically authenticate me to View AND the View Windows 7 Workstation?

Make sense?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

>>Shouldn't having the the Auto-Login enabled in the View client automatically authenticate me to View AND the View Windows 7 Workstation?

Yes it should - as long as there is not a  domain / ticket issue in the way. Or the crtl+alt+del issue

WP

januismer
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks all!

The dreaded CTRL - ALT - DELETE was the issue.  I created a policy in that OU where my VMs end up and I'm in like Flynn now!

Thanks again!

0 Kudos