VMware Horizon Community
kfischbach
Contributor
Contributor

Authentication Problem when i connect from a View Client to a View-Server

Hallo,

i've setup a testlab with one Win2003-ActiveDirectory-Server and one View-Server4.6 which is installed on an Win2003 Server.

The Win2003 Server is member of the domain. When i try to connect one View Client to the View Server i try to login with an existing user on the AD-Server but i get allways an authentication error message. In the View Administrator Console i can see no problem at the dashboard. At the section "User and Groups" i see no user????

How  can i troubleshoot this?

regards

Kalle

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
Meph1234
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello

So you have a 2003 AD server and view 4.6 connection server on windows 2003?

Fist make sure you have a desktop pool and it has entitlements set so the user you want has permissions to that pool.

Also, can you tell us what the error message that you are getting is?

Cheers

Phil

VCA4-DT
0 Kudos
kfischbach
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

thanks for your answer.

The message -wehn i try to open the view client and tryeing to establish a connection is (translatet in english):

"The authentication of this view server connection instanz was aborted. You are not allowed to use the system"

I am trying the following: I will provide some applikation not a whole desktop to different clients (e.c.WinXP, IPad...)

For this i use a Server with Thinapp an have build with it a .msi file. This folder of the .msi file is shared in the network.

In VMView i have now add this share under "view configuration". And under inventory i have add thi ThinApps.

Now i am trying to establish a session with view client to the VM-View Server bit i get this message above.

I can not add a pool because wehen i try to add a pool i will be ask for adding an physical machine but the is no choice to use one machine 😞

Hmm, very strange and very complicate for this simple thing.

regards

Kalle

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

As Phil said you get that message because you have not entitled any users to utilize the environment.   You have no choice but to setup a pool and entitle users to it.   When setting up a pool you can use a physical machine with the view agent, an existing virtual machine that has the view agent, or create new virtual machines from a template or golden image.   

0 Kudos
kfischbach
Contributor
Contributor

Hallo,

i've installed a view agent and have set up a pool.
Now i can connect with the client.
The Problem now is, that i get a remote desktop session.
But i would only open the thinapps.
under inventory i have scna a thinapp and have build a template.
I have setup a template and when i try to add the pool which i have created i get the message:
"java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: appId == null"

Thanks for the lot of important help.

regards
Kalle

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

So to be clear you only want to run the thinapp applications and not the OS.   That sounds like what I remember as published applications from my XenApp days.   That currently can not be accomplished with View but may be done with Appblast, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBxm5CBPeG8.

kfischbach
Contributor
Contributor

Hallo,

this answer save my time 🙂

I thought that works with VM-View and Thinapp.

Do you know when it will be available?

Any beta for testing available?

regards and thanks

Kalle

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

No specifics on when it will be available or when the beta starts.   

0 Kudos