VMware Horizon Community
JWeiss
Contributor
Contributor

Attempting to provision desktops and get "Internal View Composer error. Contact your administrator."

In Composer, at the final step of the provisioning process, I click finish and get a 5 or 8 second pause and then get the error:

Internal View Composer error. Contact your administrator.

I go into the event log and the only thing in there is this:

1) First Entry... "User xxxx is creating desktop with id: URM-Win7."

2) Second Entry... "Internal View Composer error. Contact your administrator"

3) Third Entry... "VM folder /UIS/vm/URM-Win7 has been deleted."

rinse and repeat for the 3 times I tried it. The FULL event entry for the 'error' is:

Message: Internal View Composer error. Contact your administrator.

Type: Error

Time: 9/27/10 4:14:51 PM

Module: DesktopBean

Thread: TP-Processor3

--- with no additional information ---

Any ideas here guys?

--Joe

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mikebarnett
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Joe,

You will need to check the View Composer logs to get more details on what's going on.

They are located on the vCenter server at the following location (I think, typing from memory...):

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\VMware\View Composer\logs

Check the vmware-viewcomposer.log file and look for messages that have a FATAL identifier. That should give you more details. Post the relevant messages here if you need any help.

Regards,

Mike

Twitter: @MikeBarnett_
0 Kudos
JWeiss
Contributor
Contributor

Ok... I found the logs in: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\VMware\VDM\logs

I found the last log (todays log) and I then logged into Composer and and followed the steps to provision a pool of desktops. Let me add at this point, that this is not the first time I have provisioned desktops. It is the 4th time, and I have never seen this error before yesterday. So here is the last 4 entries in the logs after attempting to provision an automated pool.

11:44:24,323 INFO <TP-Processor8> User xxxx has successfully authenticated to View Administrator

11:51:20,742 INFO <TP-Processor2> User xxxx is creating desktop with id: URM-Win7.

11:51:25,570 INFO <TP-Processor2> VM folder /UIS/vm/URM-Win7 has been deleted.

11:51:25,570 ERROR <TP-Processor2> Internal View Composer error. Contact your administrator.

0 Kudos
mikebarnett
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Sorry, I guess I forgot to say the Composer logs will be on the vCenter Server. Check the location I mentioned there to find the proper logs. Hopefully they will give us more insight into what's going on.

-Mike

Twitter: @MikeBarnett_
0 Kudos