VMware Horizon Community
ginadaly
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Asset Published: VMware Operating System Optimization Tool Guide

Do you have feedback or questions regarding this Tech Zone Operational Tutorial?

If so, use this post to provide your feedback and questions, and access all the answers and tips in one handy location.

VMware Operating System Optimization Tool Guide | VMware ggordonsWORDs

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
black_knight03
Contributor
Contributor

Does the command line have an option to "enable" windows updates, like the GUI does?

0 Kudos
nunoseita
Contributor
Contributor

I din't find that on the documentation, altough it could be an awsome feature to have ( i use it on windows core );
I know that its called "optimization for horizon" but all my Windows VMs have OSOT optimizations.
Upvote for update on cli
extra upvote for a fork targeting servers optimizations

0 Kudos
Sebatoz_qc
Contributor
Contributor

It does not work for me on Windows server 2022 core.

How do you make it work ?

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Why do you want to use this on core, the tool is primarly designed for virtual desktops, core really isn't a desktop software

0 Kudos
Jubish-Jose
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

One feedback about the 'Manually Creating an Optimised Image for Horizon (which covers the OSOT Tool in detail).

I have seen that sections are added for vGPU and vTPM which is nice. vTPM is a mandatory requirement for Windows 11 VMs, but I think the vTPM section needs a bit more clarity. The guide asks to remove the vTPM device in the section 'Optimising VM hardware' and warns about data loss.  If I am not wrong, the vTPM should not be added to the GI, but they should be added during the pool deployment by enabling the vTPM option in the provisioning settings. So ideally the guide should point to https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/88320 which explains how to deploy the Windows 11 VM without a vTPM device, and then advise to use the 'Add vTPM' option during pool creation.

-- If you find this reply helpful, please consider accepting it as a solution.
0 Kudos