VMware Horizon Community
ginadaly
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Asset Published: VMware Blast Extreme Display Protocol in Horizon

Do you have feedback or questions regarding this Tech Zone Deployment guide?

If so, use this post to provide your feedback and questions, and access all the answers and tips in one handy location.

VMware Blast Extreme Display Protocol in Horizon | VMware arakelianggordonchrisdhalstead

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
MaxStr
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I'd like to know why the audio in Webex Meetings is so poor when joining a meeting inside a VDI. My users have both Mac and Lenovo laptops and all have an awful audio/video experience. I had to install Webex on their local machines to get around the issue. We're on 7.12 and on the latest agents/clients.

0 Kudos
ggordon
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

There are many reason why audio with Webex could be poor. This isn't really related to Blast or the protocol though.

Ideally VOIP solutions like Webex should not be sending the audio (or video) through the virtual desktop. Instead we should the version of the solution software that installs into the virtual desktop and a client that installs into the end device with integration between the two parts.. The integration part allows the user to interact and initiate things like a call. A virtual channel is formed between the virtual desktop agent and the end device client so the an audio or video call is actually initiated from the end device and not the virtual desktop. This keeps the audio from having to hairpin through the virtual desktop which would potentially hit bandwidth limitations or add CPU consumption to the virtual desktop.

I would recommend reviewing the Deployment Guide for Cisco Webex Teams for Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI).

MaxStr
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

ggordon​ I've seen the Webex for VDI document, but that solution is complex and specifically for thin client machines. There's also connection brokers per user and it's just not practical.  I was hoping that you guys plan to add Webex optimization to Horizon instead

0 Kudos