VMware Horizon Community
ginadaly
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Asset Published: Best Practices for Delivering Microsoft Office 365 in VMware Horizon 7

Do you have feedback or questions regarding this Tech Zone Deployment guide?

If so, use this post to provide your feedback and questions, and access all the answers and tips in one handy location.

Best Practices for Delivering Microsoft Office 365 in VMware Horizon 7 | VMware chrisdhalstead

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
almostIT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This link, https://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-31399, does not work.

It is the ONE THING I wanted to view in this entire article and it does not work.

Any suggestions?

Integrating Office 365 with non-persistent desktops is turning out to be a real nightmare. I've spent weeks trying to integrate this software, but the activation process is too inconsistent. I have found nothing online that is a fool proof solution. No matter what configuration I make, it always asks users to sign in again after each session. This seems to be the case with almost every thread on the subject.

I've tried a variety of GPO, DEM, and FSLogix configurations. None of them work right.

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

That link you mentioned is quite out of date, what specifically are you looking from it?

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Specifically I'd recommended putting office in the parent image unless you have no choice, I've never gotten to work in appvolumes all that well either. For persistence the best method outside of DEM is fslogix at the moment. 

0 Kudos
almostIT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes, o365 is on the parent image. 

I was hoping to see how App Volumes profiles could/would/should work with Office 365. As you mentioned, the article is old, so it's probably irrelevant now. 

0 Kudos