VMware Horizon Community
apelz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Appvolumes 2.12.1.103 - Appstack - Provisioning Process failed

Hi there,

is there any way to troubleshoot the provisioning process? Im trying to provide very simple applications via appstack. I was trying to create an appstack for FileZilla and always I finished the provisioning process im getting an empty vmdk.

Im using a Windows 10 64bit Enterprise Build 1607 to create an appstack. After any provisioning process im reset this machine to a snapshot before any installation was done.

In the AppVolume interface you can see the different between a successfully provisioned app an an unsuccessfull appstack. The unsuccessfully provisioned appstack is always 88MB big and is missing an application:

pastedImage_0.png

Ive this problem with a lot of applications, for example google chrome. So im really wondering whats wrong here. The Elster Formular Appstack was successfully created with the same machine on the same way.

Thanks for any help!

best regards

Alex

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
kevinpower
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello Alex,

I'm curious about your deployment plan. what i did was the following

- Power-on the machine

- Create an appstack

- Provisioning the appstack on the powered vm

- There is a small window in my vm, with the message install the application

- installing the application

- Press the bottom, that I'm done with installing

- The VM Reboots

- There is a message that the provisioning was succesvol, and in vCenter i checked if the disk was detached.

While provisioning an appstack, in windows explorer, did you see a new mapping ( d: or E: etc.... ) if yes, there is an problem with the agent in the desktop.

Normal you don't see anything in the explorer, only in the disk manager

Greetz,

Kevin

0 Kudos
AishR
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Ensure that you are provisioning the app stack on the powered on vm and install the application

0 Kudos
apelz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Kevin,

I did the same steps like you and i had no extra drive. In the meantime i found the reason why its not working. I used an unattend installation for the windows with a software deployment solution. With this windows installation the appstack provisioning doesnt work. I did a manual installation and its now working.

best regards

Alex

0 Kudos
kevinpower
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello Alex,

Oke, nice thanks for sharing the solution Smiley Wink

have a great day.

0 Kudos