VMware Horizon Community
cebrooks
Contributor
Contributor

Applying SSL Cert to view server breaks client connections

I can run the view clients just fine with the default ssl cert. I have a cert from geotrust and when I apply it to the view server then connections stop. Kinda like the server is offline. Very strange. As soon as I rename the locked.properties file so it's non standard and can't be found I can connect with the usual broken https error.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

What version of View are you on and how did you follow the admin guide about the procedure?

Any hints in the logfiles?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
cebrooks
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

Running 5.0

I used the keytool to create the keystore, generate the cert request and imported the intermediate and signed certs.

Very strange.

0 Kudos
PCoIPinsider
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for your message, I am presently out of the office, but will follow up on your message when I return on February 20th.

Regards Ian

0 Kudos
cebrooks
Contributor
Contributor

Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
nonsparker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

are you using the same dns address as what is on the cert? I have had it where I used a name on the cert like mydesktop.local and then tried to connect with the computer name ex. broker01.local and it failed to connect.

Twitter @thickguythinapp
Website thickguythinapp.com
0 Kudos
cebrooks
Contributor
Contributor

the server name does not match the cert. The cert is for public facing access. The cert is for domain.domain.com and the server is system.domail.local

--

Chris Brooks

PPCS Consulting

814-693-5546

0 Kudos
nonsparker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

What are the clents using to connect to the server? the .local name or  the .com name?

Twitter @thickguythinapp
Website thickguythinapp.com
0 Kudos
cebrooks
Contributor
Contributor

.com

--

Chris Brooks

PPCS Consulting

814-693-5546

0 Kudos