VMware Horizon Community
ramachandrankes
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Application inside VDI closing entering VDI connection

Team,

We have a set of VDI desktops and users were using without any issues. We have already deployed our application via a shortcut RDS farm and a shortcut of the application will be under each user desktop screen.

One user started facing issue that after login to VDI and using a application hosted through VDI application shows below error but for me it is working fine.

ramachandrankes_0-1614257744503.png

Thanks,
Ram

0 Kudos
16 Replies
ramachandrankes
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Today user changed password and web version of vdi able to access VDI desktop and below error on accessing vdi application.

ramachandrankes_0-1614259295032.png

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

HAve the restarted there PC? The saved credential is probably expired and restart may fix it if you haven't tried that.

0 Kudos
ramachandrankes
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

@sjesse ,

You want me to restart user PC (or) VDI desktop (or) RDS Deployed servers?

Thanks,

Ram

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

The users PC, even a logout and login might help, but a restart would be best

0 Kudos
ramachandrankes
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

@sjesse ,

The same user tried to access VDI application via my PC installed View Horizon Client and still the same error. Should I restart all VDI desktops then?

Thanks,

Ram

0 Kudos
ramachandrankes
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

@sjesse ,

Thanks. I will try this but application is inside VDI which is a published application via RDS Farm through VDI. So restarting user PC should solve? Because application that user is trying to access inside VDI.

Regards,
Ram

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Yeah I'm not sure that will help, but it may , what versions re you using?

0 Kudos
ramachandrankes
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have tried both desktop application and web version of horizon. 

Desktop version is 8..0.0.13243. I think this is little older than latest one (VMware-Horizon-Client-2012-8.1.0-17349995).

0 Kudos
ramachandrankes
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

@sjesse ,

This is happening for all users. Deployed application inside VDI via RDS farm in Vmware VDI closing VDI desktop session itself.

Thanks,

Ram

0 Kudos
ramachandrankes
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

@sjesse , I restarted VDI desktops and user PC and still the same. You want me to try restarting RDS FARMS as well where I installed application?

Thanks,

Ram

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Not yet,

Take a look at this, its a bit older, but do you have any security settings on similar that are  the kb

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/1025691

0 Kudos
ramachandrankes
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

@sjesse ,

I see this before but seems like we don't have this security settings. Also, we use to change password before and user won't face any issues but surprised to this issue all of a sudden today.

Will this be related to this article? https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/more-than-6700-vmware-servers-exposed-online-and-vulnerable-to...

Thanks,

Ram

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Thats something different, and its related to the html5 interface on vcenter, so its unrelated. If you haven't yet I'd open an SR and see if GSS can help, I don't have an idea at the moment, but they may need to do a zoom session to look directly.

0 Kudos
ramachandrankes
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

@sjesse , Thanks that will help. But I want to know is SR is chargeable?

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

So to be clear I don't work for VMware, I just volunteer here to help other people, and I run my own horizon environment. Check with your local vmware rep if you don't know what support you have, I know for me we have Production support, which lets me open tickets when I need to. Look at the link below and review to the different type of support

https://www.vmware.com/support/services.html

also if you go to my.vmware.com and login you should be able to see your support settings, and this is where you would open an SR as well.

0 Kudos
ramachandrankes
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

@sjesse ,

Somebody from my team removed entitlements on this app and users started facing this issue. We added user group now and started working.

Thanks,

Ram

0 Kudos