BarryUWSEFS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Appdata\local\microsoft\windows folders missing after OSOT

Jump to solution

I am building a Win10 1909 master. I follow the VMware tech guide to create an optimized image, so I use OSOT. To customize the start menu tile layout I   import it Import-StartLayout -LayoutPath layout.xml -MountPath C:\

It places it in the default user %appdata%\Local\Microsoft\Windows\shell folder.

However  I received a path error in PowerShell and discovered that the shell folder is missing, in fact All the folders except Winx are missing in %appdata%\Local\Microsoft\Windows.

This is the second 1909 image I have built, and this did not happen for the first one. The first one had the shell folder, and others in the Windows folder.

I can only imagine that something in the OSOT process or finalization whacked these folders. Anyone have a clue for me? Can I restore these by copying from another image? I have a few hours into this image and hate the idea of starting over. Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sWORDs
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

We'll add the folder in the next version of OSOT.

Thanks for reporting this, however for visibility it would be better to do this on the comments or bugs on the flings website.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sWORDs
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

We'll add the folder in the next version of OSOT.

Thanks for reporting this, however for visibility it would be better to do this on the comments or bugs on the flings website.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
BarryUWSEFS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the response, surprised after 6 months! I am pretty sure I did comment on the flings site and most likely got an answer there because I learned to uncheck the option before finalization. This post was probably out of desperation!

-B

0 Kudos
JSFunk99
Contributor
Contributor

Barry,

I'd like some more information on how you are doing this.  I am wanting to customize the start menu on our instant clones and have gone through the export and import process but end up with no pinned tiles.

 

Any guidance or response would be awesome.

0 Kudos