VMware Horizon Community
bwaggs
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

AppVolumes VM Inaccessible

I'm trying to provision an appstack on my vm but I'm getting a status of Inaccessible.  The appstack is not attached to the vm or assigned to the vm that I can tell.  I've rebooted it several times now with no luck still.  We had an appstack created and I'm trying to update it to deal with the issue when UEM and appvols are used on the vm's UEM reports "Either '-r' or '-s' must be specified." when using App Volumes 2.11.0 (2146474) | VMwar...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vJoeG
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Ok, how far do you get before this message occurs?

App Volumes Manager - Volumes - select App Stack + Update and select the provisioning machine and 'then' the provisioning popup doesn't happen?

Possible checks:

Restart the provisioning VM or App Volumes Agent service

Snapshot level on provisioning VM having issues

Version of App Volumes Agent on the provisioning machine suddenly different

If you log in to the App Volumes Manager server and goto c:\program files (x86)\CloudVolumes\Logs you might be able to comb the logs for an error when trying to attach the vmdk to the provisioning VM for the update.

------------------
Joe Graziano
Senior Solution Engineer - EUC Federal
VCP7-DTM, VCP6-DM, VCP6-DCV
vExpert, vExpertPro
jgraziano@vmware.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
vJoeG
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

bwaggs is it a correct assumption that you have gone through App Volumes Manager and clicked 'Update' to an existing App Stack and are getting this message or are you trying to log in to a VDI machine in a pool with the App Volumes Agent installed?

Are you using v9.0 of UEM or later 9.1 / 9.2?

------------------
Joe Graziano
vExpert, vExpertPro
jgraziano@vmware.com
0 Kudos
bwaggs
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

@vjoe no I'm wanting to get the vm back into a "provisioning" state for AppVolumes.

0 Kudos
vJoeG
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Ok, how far do you get before this message occurs?

App Volumes Manager - Volumes - select App Stack + Update and select the provisioning machine and 'then' the provisioning popup doesn't happen?

Possible checks:

Restart the provisioning VM or App Volumes Agent service

Snapshot level on provisioning VM having issues

Version of App Volumes Agent on the provisioning machine suddenly different

If you log in to the App Volumes Manager server and goto c:\program files (x86)\CloudVolumes\Logs you might be able to comb the logs for an error when trying to attach the vmdk to the provisioning VM for the update.

------------------
Joe Graziano
vExpert, vExpertPro
jgraziano@vmware.com
0 Kudos
bwaggs
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Looking thru the log files I'm seeing Warnings vCenter: Unable to find known VM with InstanceUUID "   " (templates? false).  Later in the log the UUID is for machines that are not my provisioning vm.  Searching the logs for my provisioning vm I don't see any warnings or errors for it.

We've restarted the vm a couple times now.

We've reverted it to the latest snapshot

Will look into the other recommendations.

0 Kudos
bwaggs
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

One of my guys restarted the service and that's resolved the issue.  I guess we should have tried that instead of a restart.  I've also learned that sometimes a shut down is better than a restart.

0 Kudos
vJoeG
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Ok, glad that did the trick for you.

I could/should have mentioned a service restart as that was something we've had to do at a current client as well.

Also, yes a Shutdown vs Restart does have different results as well.

Smiley Happy

------------------
Joe Graziano
vExpert, vExpertPro
jgraziano@vmware.com
0 Kudos