VMware Horizon Community
nary4484
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Anyone using LTSB/LTSC for your main "office/task worker" users?

I've been using LTSB and now LTSC for all of our kiosk stations for a few years now and appreciate how stripped down it is and easy to update.  I'm working on getting all of our end users off of Windows 7 and onto 10.  I'd like to use this route for the same reasons.  They are mainly using it for Office 365 and Internet browser -- typical office duty use case.  I've found a classic Sticky Note replacement application and a regedit to bring back Windows Photo Viewer to hopefully keep users transition easier.

Seeing if anyone else has gone this route... how has your experience been?  Tips? Gottchas?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anobix67
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I currently have it setup for a group of us for testing and it is working fine in my experience. We already had most of the windows apps removed, store disabled, cortana disabled, etc via group policy. So I didn't see any reason not to use LTSC, to be honest. Outside of (as you noted) the sticky notes piece needing to be re-added via the classic installer I haven't had any problems. And with not having to worry about calculator not sticking around it's made my life easier as well.

0 Kudos
nary4484
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the input.  I've decided to give it a shot.  Got a test pool using LTSC that I am starting going to slowly start throwing some users in.

0 Kudos