VMware Horizon Community
saaglenn
Contributor
Contributor

Anybody encounter this Teams issue in Horizon before?

We're on Horizon 8 v2106 running a pool of over 300 persistent Windows 10 1909 VMs. We've got Microsoft Teams optimization enabled. Microsoft support was already contacted and they claim its not on their end.

We've recently noticed that under the calls tab in Teams, there is no Contacts tab. Here is a screenshot from Teams running on my laptop:

saaglenn_0-1635869050609.png

And here is the same location from Teams running on a VDI desktop. As you can see, no Contacts option.

saaglenn_0-1635869947575.png

We're only seeing this difference in our Horizon environment. I was wondering if anybody else has experienced the same thing or knows anything about this? I've tried all basic Teams troubleshooting as well as guides on how to properly set up Teams for VDI and have had no luck.

Thank you!!

Labels (2)
8 Replies
sprabhu11
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello - this is a known issue and Msft is in the works of rolling out this feature for VDI soon. Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Sonia

BenTrojahn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have a contacts tab in 1.4.00.29469.  I dont know if it was there prior or not.  Generally if there is anything weird going on in Teams, 'sign out' of the Teams from the system tray and it will pull down appdata fresh.

0 Kudos
css1323
Contributor
Contributor

Pretty strange. I have Teams version 1.4.00.29469 and I still see 'Contacts' on my side.

On another note, I am having issues with using Teams & my camera. If I start a meeting now, I don't have any options to change camera background or add blur effects anymore. Just basic options.

Works fine on laptop.

0 Kudos
css1323
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, Sonia

Happen to know of any issues with using camera with Teams & Vmware Horizon? Not getting any options for camera background/blur effects. Thanks.

0 Kudos
BenTrojahn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

go to about >> Version... if it says "optimized"  blur and background functionality wont be available.   You would have to just use generic RTAV for those to function. 

css1323
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the response.

It does show "VMware Media Optimized." Funny thing is, I thought I had these camera options available to me not too long ago. I even followed the steps "Teams for VDI" from this Microsoft doc to see if that'd help: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/teams-for-vdi

0 Kudos
sprabhu11
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello - thats correct. VMware Optimized mode doesnt support background image. For the full list of features and limitations for Teams Optimization feature on VMware VDI platform, please refer to the VMware docs page
https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Horizon/2106/horizon-remote-desktop-features/GUID-F68FA7BB-B08F-4E... 

css1323
Contributor
Contributor

I know this is an old post, but wanted to say thanks for the help. Hopefully others find this post useful.

In a nutshell, camera options are limited when using virtual/VMware client, then. Got it. If users want blur effects and fancy backgrounds, then stick to using Teams on local host PC in other words.

Happen to know if this will change later on down the line? Any reasons for it, too?

0 Kudos