VMware Horizon Community
mark49808
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Any way to set a custom icon "badge" for remote apps?

Issue is we present a browser like Chrome via horizon. And people also have Chrome on their local machines. So two taskbar icons that look identical, and its not clear which is the remote session, and which is the local session.

I can override the icon on the windows RDSH server but that gets lost/overwritten/forgotten during upgrades, changes, new servers etc.

It would be great if horizon would overlay some icon/badge to cover 1/4 of the taskbar icon like RemoteApp does (see the firefox icon in this example: http://blog.erw.dk/images/posts/pin_remoteapps_remoteapp_no_pin_running.png )

I tested and this does NOT update the taskbar icon: Change the Icon of a Published Application

0 Kudos
1 Reply
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Thing is I don't think horizon can do this or should, outside of the horizon interface, the remote apps grab everything from the internal os. so for this

"

I can override the icon on the windows RDSH server but that gets lost/overwritten/forgotten during upgrades, changes, new servers etc.

"

I'd look at ways to have it persist, something like appvolumes and/or UEM may help, or even group policy may help with persistent the icon.

0 Kudos