VMware Horizon Community
mbldrdvw
Contributor
Contributor

Alphanumeric RSA Passcode

Hello,

Our RSA Passcode policy requires letters and numbers in the password part.  So for example a password could be "VMWare31" and the current token code could be "355783".  I would then need to enter in "VMWare31355783" in the passcode field.

However, the Android VMWare View app only brings up the numeric on-screen keyboard for the RSA Passcode field.  Even trying to copy and paste letters into that field does not work.

I see:

"

Enter your RSA SecurID username and passcode.

"

I enter my username, no problems.  Then I can't enter in an alphanumeric passcode.

Please let me know if there are any solutions to let me login with an alphanumeric RSA passcode.

Thanks,

mbldrdvw

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sottiletta
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am facing the same problem.

Did you manage to get any improvement?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Tyomni
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

What means You can't enter passcode?

VM or Not to VM...?

That is the question!

0 Kudos
sottiletta
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Tyomni,

when prompted to enter the RSA passcode it is possible only to type in numbers. Typing of letters is not allowed.

Seems as RSA accepts only numbers...This is weard as I am having no problem if I use Vmware on my pc both with Ubuntu or windows.

Cheers

0 Kudos
rflarabee
Contributor
Contributor

I have run into the same problem.

The RSA PIN is set to Alpha Numeric charaters.  There is no way to enter vmware1 as a proper PIN.

This is a non issue on the IOS version of the software as well.  The andriod pad is the only client I have run into this issue.

0 Kudos
diode
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same issue, as I am piloting the View Client for Android out to my users I have ran into several users whom use an alphanumeric pin code for the RSA token. When presented with the RSA security screen from the security server I am only able to input numbers, where on the iPad client I can use the alphanumeric keyboard. I tried to send an e-mail to the 'android@vmware.com' account linked on the market page, but the address is not valid and bounces back as undeliverable.

0 Kudos