VMware Horizon Community
MichaelfromAFI
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Allow SingleSignOn with Windows 7 x64

Hi all

We use VMWare View Client to access VM. We activated in a GPO (VMware View Agent Configuration) the setting "Allow SingleSignOn"

We use as Desktop-OS Windows XP SP3 and Windiws 7 x64

The SingleSignOn works with Windows XP, but not with Windows 7 x64.

In the GPRESULT it states, that the setting Allow SingleSignOn is activated-

vSphere 4.0.1

View Manager 4.5

ESX 4 U1 server

Anyone an idea?

thx

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
grossag
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Did you verify that the "Do not require CtrlAltDel" behavior is not taking effect? It should be easy to verify when you boot up the VM. If you verified that this behavior isn't taking effect but the SSO is still failing, e-mail me another TRACE log from the agent and I'll take a look.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
13 Replies
grossag
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

When you say that it doesn't work on Win7 x64, can you be more specific? Are you seeing an error message or does it look like single sign-on is not even being attempted?

0 Kudos
MichaelfromAFI
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I mean the SingleSignOn doesn't work, so I have to authentificate against the Windows 7 once again.

So that means I have to Logon with the View Client and once I select the Pool I have to Logon to the Windows 7 again with Username and Password.

thx

0 Kudos
grossag
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Yes I understand what you mean by it not working, but I still need you to be more specific. When you connect to the remote desktop, what is the first screen that you see before you hit any keys? Does it say "Press CtrlAltDel", does it show you an error message, or does it show you a bunch of tiles?

0 Kudos
MichaelfromAFI
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Ah . . . sorry

I see the Login Screen of Windows 7, where I can enter Username and Password. I don't see the "Press CtrlAltDel". That seems to be already done.

0 Kudos
grossag
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Ok thanks. Just to clarify, do you see a bunch of tiles then you have to click a specific tile to enter your username/password? Or is the first screen you see asking you for your username/password without any clicks needed to get there?

0 Kudos
MichaelfromAFI
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The first screen I see is asking for username/password without any clicks. See the Printscreen

thx

0 Kudos
grossag
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Ok thanks. Can you try the following:

1) Which protocol are you using? Can you try with another protocol to see if single sign-on succeeds?

2) Search the Agent VM's registry for the "AllowSingleSignOn" value? Is it accidentally set to "false" anywhere in the registry?

FWIW, AllowSingleSignOn's default value is "true" so there really isn't any need to explicitly activate it.

0 Kudos
MichaelfromAFI
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks for your reply

1) We are using PCoIP --> do not work

I tried it with RDP and there is the SingleSing-On working.

2) I searched the whole Registry and all "AllowSingleSignOn" values are "true"

So it seems to be an PCoIP issue?

Thanks

0 Kudos
grossag
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Can you send me the most recent agent log over e-mail (my e-mail address is my forum username @ vmware.com). Enable TRACE logging in the remote desktop by creating a REG_SZ "HKLM\Software\VMware, Inc.\VMware VDM\TraceEnabled" and set it to "true". Then reproduce the issue and find the most recently modified log file starting with "debug" at: C:\Users\All Users\VMware\VDM\Logs.

0 Kudos
grossag
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I have another idea. Do you have the "Disable CtrlAltDel requirement for logon" GPO set (info here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms814164.aspx )? Looking at the log you sent me, it was sort of implied that this GPO was set. If CtrlAltDel is not required, then PCoIP SSO will fail. For now, PCoIP SSO depends on the ability the simulate CtrlAltDel immediately after a connection is made and we have the credentials.

0 Kudos
MichaelfromAFI
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Sorry for the delay.

Yes we use GPO and have the setting "Disable CtrlAltDel requirement for logon". I changed this to unconfigured. Then I rebooted all the VM's.

I even tried it a cpuble of times. But it's still the same behavior.

thanks

0 Kudos
grossag
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Did you verify that the "Do not require CtrlAltDel" behavior is not taking effect? It should be easy to verify when you boot up the VM. If you verified that this behavior isn't taking effect but the SSO is still failing, e-mail me another TRACE log from the agent and I'll take a look.

0 Kudos
MichaelfromAFI
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I tried it once again and this time I set the GPO with the option "Do not require Ctrl+Alt+Del" to disabled instead of not configured and now it works 🙂
Thank you very much for your help.
0 Kudos