VMware Horizon Community
jgemcs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Allow/Enable multiple VDI-Sessions for one User from same Client

Hi,

I try to connect from my Windows Client multiple times to a Instant clone Pool and need to open seperate sessions with the same User.

I ended up with getting disconnected in the establish previous session and reopen that session in a new VDI Window.

Using another Windows Client works - then I get a different session to the same Pool (its enabled in the Pool settings)

- is there a special setting in the ADAM Database to allow multiple logins from the same client ?

- perhaps it's possible to fake some settings so that the Connection Broker sees a connection from a different host ? (environment varible, hidden commandline parameter, registry key)

- whats is used for identifying that the session is established from the same machine ?

I use this commandline for testing:

vmware-view.exe --serverurl vdi.testlab.local --username demo --password Demo123! --domainName DEMO --desktopName Instant-W7 --desktopLayout windowSmall --desktopProtocol pcoip

Thanks for your help

Jens

0 Kudos
1 Reply
parmarr
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

jgemcs , technically this may need further understanding of what you are looking for but from a licensing perspective, we would need a client license per client if I understand it correctly and also my understanding is that one user can login into only one client at any given point.

Sincerely, Rahul Parmar VMware Support Moderator
0 Kudos