VMware Horizon Community
IanOnyango
Contributor
Contributor

All virtual machines shut down themselves after installing a replica server in Horizon View 6 environment.

Hi guys,

I setup a very basic Horizon view Home Lab.

My environment was working fine until I install a replica server (another instance of the connection server) in my Horizon View 6.2 environment. I simply created another virtual machine, run the connection server installer, specified that this was a replica instance and pointed it to my existing connection server. I can access the new replica server and even manage the existing virtual desktop pools. Problem is, all the virtual machines in my environment shut down after every few minutes

My environment consists of the following:

One domain controller (Running on Windows Server 2012 R2)

A connection server (Running on Windows Server 2012 R2)

One RDSH host (Running on Windows Server 2012 R2)

View Composer (Running on Windows Server 2012 R2)

Windows 7 golden image

Virtual Desktops (provisioned from linked clones)

ESXi 6 and vCenter Virtual Appliance

What could be the cause of this? How do I go about troubleshooting this issue? Will uninstalling the replica server fix this issue?

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

2 Replies
larsonm
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Do the servers shutdown or do the desktops shutdown?  Are the instances of Windows Server Activated?  If not, after 7 days, they'll only stay running for an hour.

IanOnyango
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you, larsonm thank you!!!

This was so frustrating, I was almost pulling my hair off. I have been using windows server 2008 before and so I didn't know that this was a requirement in 2012.

Thanks!

0 Kudos