VMware Horizon Community
VMMalley
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Aladin eToken Pro Anywhere and Safenet application with a Zero Client running View

We use these blue etoken USB keys to authenticate to websites (not log into VMware).

All other USB devices I plug in to the Samsung zero client work, but the etoken is not visible and not seen by the "Safenet" application.

I can use this on a normal PC, but cant seem to make it work on a Zero client with a linked clone.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mpryor
Commander
Commander

What type of device does it report itself as? If it's pretending to be a HID device then it will be filtered out by default. Check in the device manager tree on your desktop VM (sort by device connection and look under our virtual hub entry) with both type of clients to see if it's listed. If not, you'll need to follow the USB device filtering guide - Selected Topic

0 Kudos
VMMalley
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you for the quick reply.

that solved it!

What had thrown me off, was that I had to use the web interface to get the bridged usb devices screen. I thought it would be in the bios settings from the main screen of Samsung/Terradici 2 device.

But this took about 2 minutes to resolve with the instructions you provided:

1.) Went to the admin screen via web interface.

2. looked at "info" and wrote down the VID and PID

3.) added the this to a "bridged usb" device

4.) restarted PCoIP session

5.) done

I can now authenticate to the web page I have to go to using a USB token and all is good.

thank you.

0 Kudos