VMware Horizon Community
thedaveyboy
Contributor
Contributor

Agent not connecting to Connection server

Hi

Hoping someone can help with this one as it is driving me crazy!

I have set up a connection server (Version5) and linked it to my vCenter.  I have created a couple of VMs (win7) installed the agent and added them to a manual pool, but the agent does not seem to be connecting.  getting " No network communication between the VDM Agent and Connection Server"

I have checked DNS is working ok, can ping both ways by FQDN fine.  Disabled all firewalls, there is none inbetween and they are on the same subnet.

Can telnet on 4001 from VM to Connection server ok.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Dave

0 Kudos
7 Replies
marcelo_soares
Champion
Champion

Is the agent service starting correctly on the VM? Can you connect from VM to the View Manager using a web browser (443 TCP)?

Marcelo Soares
0 Kudos
thedaveyboy
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for replying.  Yes the agent is started ok and the vm can connect to the view server through a web brower (gets a certificate error though)

0 Kudos
marcelo_soares
Champion
Champion

That's definitely odd. Not sure if can be this, but check the userinit value on regedit: http://kb.vmware.com/kb/1028975

Marcelo Soares
0 Kudos
vLarus
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Did you install VMware tools on these Win7 VM's? And if you did, did you install VMware tools first and the the agent?

vmice.net
0 Kudos
thedaveyboy
Contributor
Contributor

yes i did install vmtools before the agent

0 Kudos
marcelo_soares
Champion
Champion

You will need to install a wiresharck on the VM and on the View Manager, and check if the communication coems out the agent and gets to the Manager. Something in the middle is messing things up.

Marcelo Soares
0 Kudos
thedaveyboy
Contributor
Contributor

Started looking at this again after a break.  I have used wire shark and can see traffic on 4001.  Also did a netstat -an and can see the session establish on the vmdesktop to the connection server.  But still getting the error  "No network communication between the VDM Agent and Connection Server"

Just can't work out what i am missing.  Any more help would be greatly appreciated...

Dave

0 Kudos