VMware Horizon Community
beutlern
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Agent-Unreachable - Metric

Hi all,

we faced a big outage a couple of times where a lot of our VDIs went to "agent-unreachable" and basically halted intermittently.

Now my job is (besides finding the root cause) to report this to our business.

I created a report that pulls all agent-unreachable messages from the view database.

Now i noticed an agent-unreachable entry will also be logged if the machine reboots/resets.

Is there any way to distinguish a problem with the VDM and a simple reboot that can be pulled on a mass scale?

We have over 4000 VDIs - so a script that goes to each and every single VDI could be a problem, besides the fact most of the pools are running on a "suspend" power policy.

Thanks in advance.

best regards,

Niko

0 Kudos
2 Replies
h3nkY
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The cause may be vary. It can be caused by network or VM hangs or crash. You need to isolate the issue before trying to reboot all VMs. The "Agent unreachable" is logged if connection server doesn't get notified from View agent in period of time.

0 Kudos
beutlern
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Please notice its not about the root cause here.

Its about trying to create a report on this incident.

I need to be able to distinguish a problem of the VDM (which causes an agent-shutdown) and a regular reboot (which should not trigger an agent-shutdown in the event DB to be honest).

0 Kudos