VMware Horizon Community
elgwhoppo
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

After Upgrade to 6, Security Server Not Changing listening Port

Ran into a weird situation where after upgrading a security server to 6.1.0-2509221, it doesn't change the SSL listening port when before the upgrade it wasn't on the standard SSL port.

It was originally configured to listen on 444 before the upgrade, following the upgrade I tried to change it back to 443 and a netstat -ban still shows it listening on port 444.

I double checked the the config.properties file, and there was no entry for serverPort, and the configuration shows 443 in the View admin manager.

- Re-applying the configuration via the web page gives no change, still listens on 444.

- Restarting the security server service no change, still listens on 444.

- Rebooting the server no change, still listens on 444.

- Statically placed serverPort=443 in the config.properties, still listens on 444.

All the ports are verified open, both 444 and 443, so I'm thinking I may have hit a bug. Anybody else have security servers that listen on non-standard SSL ports?

A complete reinstall of the security server is next, changing the listen port back to 443, shouldn't have to do that though.

VCDX-Desktop
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

You checked config.properties, but did you check in locked.properties for the port setting to see if it's been moved in there before/during the upgrade? Locked.properties will override any settings in config.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

You checked config.properties, but did you check in locked.properties for the port setting to see if it's been moved in there before/during the upgrade? Locked.properties will override any settings in config.

elgwhoppo
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hah, I was replying with that in a message when you responded. I forgot that I had hardened the server by requiring TLS 1.2 in the locked.properties file, and wouldn't you know that I also included serverPort=444 was in there. Big 'ole derple derp. Thanks!for posting.

VCDX-Desktop