elgwhoppo
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

After Upgrade to 6, Security Server Not Changing listening Port

Jump to solution

Ran into a weird situation where after upgrading a security server to 6.1.0-2509221, it doesn't change the SSL listening port when before the upgrade it wasn't on the standard SSL port.

It was originally configured to listen on 444 before the upgrade, following the upgrade I tried to change it back to 443 and a netstat -ban still shows it listening on port 444.

I double checked the the config.properties file, and there was no entry for serverPort, and the configuration shows 443 in the View admin manager.

- Re-applying the configuration via the web page gives no change, still listens on 444.

- Restarting the security server service no change, still listens on 444.

- Rebooting the server no change, still listens on 444.

- Statically placed serverPort=443 in the config.properties, still listens on 444.

All the ports are verified open, both 444 and 443, so I'm thinking I may have hit a bug. Anybody else have security servers that listen on non-standard SSL ports?

A complete reinstall of the security server is next, changing the listen port back to 443, shouldn't have to do that though.

VCDX-Desktop
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mpryor
Commander
Commander

You checked config.properties, but did you check in locked.properties for the port setting to see if it's been moved in there before/during the upgrade? Locked.properties will override any settings in config.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
mpryor
Commander
Commander

You checked config.properties, but did you check in locked.properties for the port setting to see if it's been moved in there before/during the upgrade? Locked.properties will override any settings in config.

View solution in original post

elgwhoppo
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hah, I was replying with that in a message when you responded. I forgot that I had hardened the server by requiring TLS 1.2 in the locked.properties file, and wouldn't you know that I also included serverPort=444 was in there. Big 'ole derple derp. Thanks!for posting.

VCDX-Desktop