VMware Horizon Community
pozzatoa
Contributor
Contributor

After Desktop Refresh error with the domain autentication

Hi,

my problem is that after a desktop refresh (that belong to an automated persistent linked clone pool) I got an error on the View connection manager that refresh got an error and the desktop is NOT in the ready state.

In the domain controller I got this error:

The session setup from the computer VDILCTEST1 failed to authenticate. The name(s) of the account(s) referenced in the security database is VDILCTEST1$. The following error occurred:

Access is denied.

I have found that this error occur when you try to register a desktop with anoter SID but with the same name...

To solve the problem I have rejoined the virtual desktop to the domain, but this task MUST be automatic... I cannot do this everytime I make a desktop refres...

Thank you,

Alessio Pozzato

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Lee_Collison
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Verify the username and password in the customization specifications. Has the account had its password changed or expire?

------ Lee Collison VCP - Enterprise Desktop
0 Kudos
pozzatoa
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

thank you for the quick response. The account was the same that quickprep use for join/create the new clone to the domain, so I assume that the account/password is valid.

Alessio

0 Kudos
Lee_Collison
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I read your error little closer, we had a similiar problem when deploying desktops using Sun VDI and VMware as the backend. We fixed the issue by changing the username from domain\username to , I hope this helps. When the desktops woudl attempt to join the domain they woudl either error out or the account would become disabled.

0 Kudos
Lee_Collison
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Also make sure do an IPCONFIG /RELEASE before making the new snapshot.

0 Kudos
acampos
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just make sure the parent vm(snapshot) is joined to the domain and you release the ip address. If it is not joined to the domain quickprep will have issues as it will not be able to join the clones to the domain. Check for any security software that may be blocking the quickprep request since the clones do not generate a new sid and essentially use the same one from the parent vm. I have seen issues with Symantec endpoint.

hope that helps.

Alex

0 Kudos