VMware Horizon Community
MicahDog
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

After 5.3 upgrade Provisioning has stopped

Hello

I have updated from 5.2 to 5.3 and I cannot get view manager to provision the desktop pools.  I have rebooted vCenter and the Composer and nothing. Also I cannot find any errors.

Any ideas?

Thaks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kslish
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Do you have more than one connection server?  If so, shut down all of your connection servers and then start them back up.  That has happened to me twice, usually during upgrades.  It's caused by the connection servers getting out of sync and the only way to force them to get back on the same page is to reboot them to force them to.  VMware support called it something along the lines of  a "VCCache hang" or something like that with is the connection server databases being out of sync.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
cgrubbe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have noticed some delays in provisioning with 5.3, up to 20 min from the time I tell View to start, before it will start the process.  Did you have any luck with this?

-Chris

0 Kudos
MicahDog
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Unfortunately I have not.  I am thinking tonight I will be reinstalling the composer on the vc box.  I am at a loss right now.  I am about to roll back the snaps.

0 Kudos
cgrubbe
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I'm guessing you have already checked it, but is the View Composer service running?  I had a strange issues happen a couple of times on 5.1.2 where the composer service would die and when restarted would fail again as soon as provisioning was enabled on a specific pool.  Turned out that there was a snapshot that composer was having issues with.  The composer log would show an error related to the snapshot, but I can't recall specifically what the error was.  The fix was to create an additional snapshot on the template and then recompose the pool from the new snapshot. 

0 Kudos
MicahDog
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

yes I have checked that and it is running.

Where are the composer logs located?

0 Kudos
kslish
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Do you have more than one connection server?  If so, shut down all of your connection servers and then start them back up.  That has happened to me twice, usually during upgrades.  It's caused by the connection servers getting out of sync and the only way to force them to get back on the same page is to reboot them to force them to.  VMware support called it something along the lines of  a "VCCache hang" or something like that with is the connection server databases being out of sync.

0 Kudos
MicahDog
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I had another connection server I was setting up as a replica connection server and it was disabled.  Soon as I updated it to 5.3 it worked fine. Thanks

0 Kudos