VMware Horizon Community
smith_ll
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Advice - Dev Setup

Hey!

In the process of setting up a dev environment to test some features.

I've built a 7.7 connection server and licensed it with an evaluation license. I'm at the stage where I need to connect it to my vsphere setup so I can move some vms over to it for testing but I can't find anything online regarding have 2 view setups looking at the same vsphere setup?

Is there anything I should be wary of or need to watch out for?

Is it even supported to have 1 vsphere setup hooked into 2 view setups?

LS

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Don't connect a dev connection server to a production vcenter, having two view environments connected to the same vcenter can cause problems, and its not supported.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Don't connect a dev connection server to a production vcenter, having two view environments connected to the same vcenter can cause problems, and its not supported.

0 Kudos
smith_ll
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi sjesse,

That's good enough for me. I've just pointed my RDSH agent straight to the connection server and I'll manually do it that way.

I was over thinking how best to do it.

Cheers,

0 Kudos
drtvmware
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Have same kind of scenario, we are using Citrix XenApp 7.15 LTSR on Citrix HyperVisor.

In process of moving hypervisor and published to Horizon.

We are only publishing apps and licensed for Horizon App Standard.

Already setup Cluster running 6.7 of 2 Host for now.

Can we use same cluster for Horizon with same vCenter Server 6.7?

It means setup Connection server?

RDSH pool vm's for publishing apps

Do we need Composer ?

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

The Composer service is used for creating linked clones, if your not doing that you don't need it. The vcenter connection is used for creating instant clones and finding vms in vcenter. You technially don't need that either, when creating the rdsh farm you can select other sources. You should be able to just register any rdsh server by installing the horizon agent, and not selecting the instant clone or compser compontents, and then it will ask you for the horizon connection server.

0 Kudos
drtvmware
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks a lot for reply...

So we can use same cluster for 6.7 hosts and same vcenter for deploying connection - standard - replica  servers and RDSH pools for publishing apps.

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Yes in this case you could use physical servers, horizon wouldn't care, this method they are treated the same. I have a set of physical desktops that are setup the same way that people can access with horizon if needed.

0 Kudos