VMware Horizon Community
mohammada
Contributor
Contributor

Adding New AD in vmware view

Hi Guys

We have a vmware view 4.5 setup in our environemnt . This is working without any issue .

Right the moment we are deploying a new AD Server and new Desktop and user will need to be joined in this AD in few days .

I am now little bit concerned How can I deploy any new desktop from now on to New AD as my current AD and VDIMANAGER all joind in my old AD and there is few user running on that . But at some point we need to slowly convert them in the new AD .

Any Advice of how can I have two AD visible from vdimanager and deploy any new desktop to New one ?

Mohammad

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

you could do a domain trust between the two AD ..

0 Kudos
mohammada
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Jam

The old AD will become isolated at some point with roll out of the new AD 😞 So there is no point of having domain trust.

I only need to be able to point any new virtual desktop to new AD but I canot see that while adding a new POOL .

Mohammad

0 Kudos
kgsivan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

View Manager will *ONLY* populate domain (and all trusted domians) which the connection server is joined to.

You will not able to browse any domian other than this.

0 Kudos
mohammada
Contributor
Contributor

Hi SKG

Is that mean I just need to configure another VDI manager and add that to new AD and existing vcentre ?

Then create POOL in that so that the new virtual desktop can point to new AD

Mohammad

0 Kudos
kgsivan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes. Otherwise the option is to have a two way transitive trust between the new domain and existing domain, and it seems that is not feasible for you.

0 Kudos