VMware Horizon Community
ikealol
Contributor
Contributor

Add Load Balanced RDS Host to Horizon View

Hello

I have already a load balanced RDS Farm (jumpstation.vclass.local) which includes two servers (rds01.vclass.local / rds02.vclass.local). We have a configuration which forces the users to connect over jumpstation.vclass.local so that they will get load blanced (we are not able to connect directly to rds01.vclass.local or rds02.vclass.local).

Now I want to add the RDS Farm to Horizon. I installed on both server the view agent and the connection server discovered both systems (with their hostnames rds01/rds02).

But I want them to connect over jumpstation.vclass.local and not over the hostname which is not possible. How can I configure something like that?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
dwigz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You will need to add the load balancer virtual IP's and jumpstation.vclass.local DNS name to the connection brokers you are going to use for the RDS farm.  If you already have some other things going on in View and don't want everything to go through the load balancer, you will need to create two new brokers and add tags to them for the RDSH servers alone.  So short answer is yes.  Also, if using your own certs, you will want the DNS entry jumpstation.vclass.local set as a SAN.

0 Kudos
ikealol
Contributor
Contributor

Hi thanks for you replay

I know that I have to add jumpstation.vclass.local to the connection broker the question is how do I do that?

In view I cannot add machines they are getting discovered and I can only choose between them.

jumpstation.vclass.local has two DNS A records to both IP's from both rds servers.

0 Kudos
dwigz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You will have to go to the View Configuration, select the connection/security server, then add the info in place of the connection/security servers IP's and DNS names.  I have a link  attached for the f5 guide.  It shows the steps in View.  They should be pretty similar by and large.

https://www.f5.com/pdf/deployment-guides/vmware-view5-iapp-dg.pdf

0 Kudos