VMware Horizon Community
toknoe
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Access to View Desktops is blocked

Hi all

I have a problem in my View environment. I hope someone can help me or give me a hint.

• 1x Windows 2008 R2 with vshpere 4.1 (full-license) and View Composer 5
  • 6x ESXi 4.1
  • 1x Windows 2008 R2 with View Connection Server 5 (test-license until end of December)
  • 1x Pool ABC1, dedicated, linked clones, no User allocation at the moment
  • 1x Pool ABC2, dedicated, linked clones, 1 Desktop allocated to me

Since some days I'm not able to connect with View Client on my physical Win 7 Workstation to the virtual Desktops. Message in View Client: "Access to this desktop is blocked". Some days ago I was able to connect all virtual Desktops with View Client.

Message on the Event-DB:

"Audit failure" "Connection Server" "Unable to launch from Pool ABC1 for user domain\username: This Desktop Pool does not allow online sessions.

What I've tried:

- Pool unentitlement / entitlement groups/users

- Pool disable / enable

- RDP to Desktop successful, View Agent is installed

- removed all user allocations on Desktops

- no tags assigned

Does someone have an idea, what I can do to connect my Desktops?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jkpk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Toby,

Check the global policies whether your Remote Mode is set to "allow". While playing around you would have changed it to "deny" which I feel is causing you not to connect to the desktop but will allow you to download and run it locally (View Client with Local Mode operation).

or

Your your user account which belonged to the restricted remote desktop users group is no more part of the group which is blocking you from accessing the desktop remotely.

Above solutions are just assumptions based on the common changes in View Administrator which blocks accessing desktops remotely. Soultion may vary depending more information from your side.

Regards,

Pravin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
gunnarb
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I'm not sure if I'm seeing the hole picture here.  Would you be open to doing a GoToMeeting and letting me just take a look?

Gunnar Berger

www.gunnarberger.com

Gunnar Berger http://www.gunnarberger.com http://www.endusercomputing.com
0 Kudos
toknoe
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Gunnar

Unfortunately this network has no Internet access.

Toby

0 Kudos
jkpk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Toby,

Check the global policies whether your Remote Mode is set to "allow". While playing around you would have changed it to "deny" which I feel is causing you not to connect to the desktop but will allow you to download and run it locally (View Client with Local Mode operation).

or

Your your user account which belonged to the restricted remote desktop users group is no more part of the group which is blocking you from accessing the desktop remotely.

Above solutions are just assumptions based on the common changes in View Administrator which blocks accessing desktops remotely. Soultion may vary depending more information from your side.

Regards,

Pravin

0 Kudos
toknoe
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Pravin

Many thanks for your help! Remote-Mode was set to "deny" :smileyangry:

Toby

0 Kudos
jkpk
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Toby,

Most welcome. Hope your issue is resolved.

Pravin

0 Kudos