VMware Horizon Community
alienjoker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Access Point - 10 hour enforced disconnect limitation with View Desktops

Hi all,

I wanted to reach out to the community to gauge just how many people are actually using the Access Point appliances to control remote access to their Horizon/View implementations. We have identified an effective show stopper for transitioning between security servers and the access point based upon the unchangeable/hard coded 10 hour disconnect that is enforced by the access point.

The following KB articles highlight this limitation which is a pretty significant blocker given that I work with a large number of clients that have remote locations that rely on uninterrupted access to their Virtual Desktop environments via the remote access method. To put a workaround as "reconnect to the desktop new session from Horizon Client after time out." is simply not acceptable. If a customer happens to be performing a time sensitive deal negotiation only to be faced with a system enforced disconnect, you can see where I'm going with this.

User sessions are timed out when connecting to View desktops from Access point/ VMware Horizon DaaS ...

VMware Horizon DaaS/Air user sessions are timed out after 10 hours even when the Broker Session Time...

I look forward to hearing peoples views on this.

Cheers

Andrew

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
alienjoker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

Responding to my own question in the hope that anyone else with this problem knows how to overcome this issue:-

Thanks to a discussion with Mark Benson (thanks Mark), here's his response, despite what GSS have told me that it wasn't currently possible:-

"The limitation was with Access Point 2.5.x and older where users were required to login again after they had been logged in for 10 hours. With Access Point 2.7.2 you can specify the sessionTimeout if a value other than 10 hours is required. The default is still 10 hours (as it is with Horizon View too), but you can set it to any value now. Just set sessionTimeout in the PowerShell .ini file and it will be applied automatically when the appliance is deployed. Make sure source= refers to point-2.7.2.0-4354291_OVF10.ova."

It does frustrate me that GSS don't have the most relevant and recent information, or update their respective KB articles on their product portfolio capabilities, but really pleased that the internal staff are readily available to help assist when you reach out to them.

Cheers

Andrew

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
alienjoker
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi,

Responding to my own question in the hope that anyone else with this problem knows how to overcome this issue:-

Thanks to a discussion with Mark Benson (thanks Mark), here's his response, despite what GSS have told me that it wasn't currently possible:-

"The limitation was with Access Point 2.5.x and older where users were required to login again after they had been logged in for 10 hours. With Access Point 2.7.2 you can specify the sessionTimeout if a value other than 10 hours is required. The default is still 10 hours (as it is with Horizon View too), but you can set it to any value now. Just set sessionTimeout in the PowerShell .ini file and it will be applied automatically when the appliance is deployed. Make sure source= refers to point-2.7.2.0-4354291_OVF10.ova."

It does frustrate me that GSS don't have the most relevant and recent information, or update their respective KB articles on their product portfolio capabilities, but really pleased that the internal staff are readily available to help assist when you reach out to them.

Cheers

Andrew

0 Kudos