Enthusiast

About group policy objects

in view connection server, i find five GPO templates for view, they are:

1. vdm_agent.adm

2. vdm_client.adm

3. vdm_server.adm

4. vdm_common.adm

5. pcoip.adm

Q1: where can i import them? is vdm_common for view client, view server and view agent?

Q2: i have no idea about pcoip.adm, where can i import it? and is there any explanation for parameters in pcoip.adm.

Q3: in vdm_client.adm, i can specify the connection server, but i should modify every setting in view client. is there any other method, i can specify the view connection server IP in server, and every client can get this setting?

---- Idleness is not doing nothing. Idleness is being free to do anything.
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

These are standard Group Policy Files, import them with the Group Policy Editor.

Have a look in the Deployment Guide for more details: http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/VMware-View4-Deployment-Guide-Q309.pdf

Best regards,

Linjo

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
JoeDDfS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Everybody,

I have question about adm GPO templates. Is it possible use these templates for editing group policy for Win 2008 R2 and Win 7 domain users? Somebody told me that is necessary to have ADMX templates, because adm are only for win 2003 and XP.

So where is the true?

Thank you for your reply

JZ

0 Kudos
vmsf
Contributor
Contributor

we have imported the adm files into Windows 2008 AD and they seem to work fine.

But you can use this tool to convert adm to admx and then import:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyId=0F1EEC3D-10C4-4B5F-9625-97C2F731090C&dis...

0 Kudos
JoeDDfS
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi vmfs,

Thank you for your response. The problem with migration tool is that some values are missing. We resolved this using ADM GPO and that is work. It is recommendation from VMware support.

JZ

0 Kudos