VMware Horizon Community
bouke
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

ADAM not showing current assignment

Hi all (first question here - exciting Smiley Wink),

I've used the command: "vdmadmin.exe -L -d <poolname> -m <desktopname> -r" to unassign a unentitled user from a desktop. Command works, running it again tells the desktop has no assignments. Looking up the desktop in View Admin does reflect the correct state: no user assigned to the desktop.

So far so good. I also checked on the replicas and guess what: also correct state, the desktop is really free.

However...

When looking at CN=<desktop GUID>,OU=Servers,DC=vdi,DC=vmware,DC=int - the "member" property still holds the old assigned user to that desktop. This is on all replica's. So ADAM is not showing the current state. I did the vdmadmin command a day ago, and it still holds the old state.

How can I update this?

Regards,

Bouke Groenescheij

Oh no, another Virtualisation signature...
0 Kudos
3 Replies
bouke
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Ah, always nice to solve my own question.

Unassigning a user only removes the "pae-SIDString" entry. Back to the script again Smiley Happy.

Cheers

Oh no, another Virtualisation signature...
0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Thanks for sharing the answer.  

0 Kudos
mpryor
Commander
Commander

pae-SIDString attribute is the only one View uses to track assignment. The member attribute is only used for forcing the cache of display data in the admin UI via the FSP data if it doesn't already exist, and will automatically be replaced when pae-SIDString is given a new valid value.

0 Kudos