VMware Horizon Community
MDebray
Contributor
Contributor

A notification about problem desktops

Hi,

we have sometimes a problem in a automated floating pool that the desktops did after reset not correct start.

The solution ist to remove these desktops in the VMware View Administrator.

Is there a way to be notified if there is problem desktop?

I thought of the view PowerCLI think, but unfortunately there is no suitable command with which I could read it.
Has any one an Idea?
Greetings
Marcel Debray
0 Kudos
7 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

Welcome to the forums.  You can try to utilize the events database in SQL to give you this kind of information.   Here is an example of a script that Dwayne has done. 

http://itbloodpressure.com/2011/02/27/no-desktops-big-problems/

0 Kudos
MDebray
Contributor
Contributor

The problem is that there is no error-log-event in the sql event database.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

What is the reported status of the problem machines?   Perhaps you could trigger off that as that is often recorded in the events database. 

0 Kudos
MDebray
Contributor
Contributor

Often the desktop status is "Agent unreachable" but not ever.
The simplest would be that the powershell cli output can print the variable from the VMware View Administrator surface "Problem Desktops" out.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

I agree that would be the simpliest thing but if I'm not mistaken that section of View Admin is taken from the status of the Virtual machines.    Since there is not a powershell at this time you could use the SQL method to get the information.  Or maybe you could create a powershell cmdlet that does the SQL query for you.  

0 Kudos
MDebray
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

i have found this solution with the Unofficial Advanced VMware View Powershell Cmdlets:

http://cliffdavies.com/blog/vmware/unofficial-advanced-vmware-view-powershell-cmdlets/

There is a command called "GetViewStatus", which returns all information i need.

0 Kudos
Le0Getz
Contributor
Contributor

Tried this script and am getting the 'DownloadSting" error.  Went to the authors site and others are getting this error with no fix.  We really need a way to get the problem desktops status.  We have many customers (connection servers) and at this point we have to log into each one several times a day to see if there are any issue with the problem desktops. Emaple too many desktops stuck in Main Mode, Anent Unreachable Etc. 

0 Kudos