VMware Horizon Community
runvirtual
Contributor
Contributor

A better way of session logging, with view client information

Want to have a better log of your View session compared to the View Event Log? You can 🙂

I just released a test engine of my new version of vAudit for View 5.x.

The engine monitors the VMware view event log. When it sees when a new connection to a desktop is made, it will use WMI to remotely read out the view client information like client IP, protocol used and Device type (mac, win, ios, etc). As the program uses remote WMI, no extra client software is needed inside the desktop VMs. This information is then stored in a new sessionlog table (automatically created in the view event server database).

When a session disconnect/logoff is detected, vAudit finds the matching record of the login and will update this with the logoff/disconnect information (time and the way the session ended, status 2 is disconnect and status 3 is logoff).

The result… A very simple and easy readable log file, where each entry is all the information of the session; login time, logoff time, client information, pool id, desktop id, etc

Want to test it out (and provide me with feedback): http://www.run-virtual.com/?p=972

0 Kudos
0 Replies