VMware Horizon Community
ikt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

64-bit ConnectionServer 4.5 refuses to install on 64-bit Win2008StdSP2

Hi,

The subject says most.  I have a clean Windows 2008 SP2 Standard Server promoted to domain controller.  I have downloaded the VMware-viewconnectionserver-x86_64-4.5.0-293049.exe installer.  When I run it I get the following error message, and the installer refuses to continue.

"This product can only be installed on Windows Server 2003 or 64-bit Windows Server 2008.  Other operating systems are not supported."

How come...?

Thanks for comments on what I need to do to proceed 🙂

regards Tor

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ezzeldin72
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Windows 2008 R2 64bit Standard edition is a supported OS for View Connection Server as per the View Installation Guide

But the View Connection Server host must not be a domain controller. if you install the right build so my guess will be the error message is misleading and it should say something like "The View Connection Server can not be installed on Domain Controller"

Ezzeldin Hussein | MBA| VCAP-DCA/DCD | VCI Level II | VCP-DCV/DT/CMA/NX | VCA/VSP/VTSP | vExpert Team Lead, Systems Engineering, NALE | Member of CTO Ambassador Program.  Business Central Tower A, Dubai Internet City, Dubai, POB 500569 Mobile(EG): +20106 5533 950 Mobile(UAE): +971 56 9095 106 Mobile(OM): +968 9066 0533
0 Kudos
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

this must be due to that the server is a domain controller server. it is not supported to coexist domain controller with view server. the view server need to be the member server only the domain only.

0 Kudos