VMware Horizon Community
balagbm2017
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

404 error

I am unable to access Horizon VDI Desktop via web console. I have got the following error

pastedImage_0.png

I have installed Horizon web client on the connection server and configured properly . How can I resolve this issues. Will the connection server required IIS role in order to work ?

6 Replies
techguy129
Expert
Expert

Are you using a CNAME, security server (or UAG) or external URL to get to the server? There is a section to update those URLs in the View admin

VMware Knowledge Base

0 Kudos
balagbm2017
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I am trying to connecting connection server internally to launch VDI Desktops by using https://<connectionserverIP> got the error.  I have not even integrated with UAG at this moment. I have double checked that on the connection server Horizon HTML client is also installed, on the POOL settings I have enabled HTML access. but now got stuck at 404 error..

0 Kudos
techguy129
Expert
Expert

Take a look at these two articles and update your locked.properties file. Use your connection server IP and host name for these values.

Allow HTTP Connections From Intermediate Servers

Allow HTML Access Through a Load Balancer

balagbm2017
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

In order to resolve the issues, I have uninstall the view html client in the connection server, can you suggest me how do I reinstall it, I have searched the downloaded from myvmware.com, i can't find any where? If I try to reinstall the connection server.. its asking me to remove the entire components.. ??  My horizon view version is 7.3.2

0 Kudos
balagbm2017
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

can any one help me how to reinstall the HTML client software without reinstalling the entire connection server??? do we have any HTML client software for connection server??

0 Kudos
techguy129
Expert
Expert

If you uninstall the connection server, you can reinstall it. It will ask if you want to use the existing ADAM database. Be sure to have the "access html" option checked during the install.

Please do backup your database first and if possible snapshot it.

VMware Knowledge Base