VMware Horizon Community
RayV
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

40 user View 5 environment - pricing

Hi all,

I need to deploy View 5 in a 40 user environment and am looking for the correct solution to include the correct licenses. The information on the VMware site really confuses me. I understand the "vSphere Desktop"-package is the all-in-one package that included vCenter, ESXi- and View-licenses, but I find the information contradictory. Some information states it comes in a 100-user only package and other information states it can be bought in 10-user packages.

Also, the "VMware View Enterprise" package comes in 10-user bundles but includes "vSphere Desktop". Perhaps this is all I need? Can I just buy three or four Starter Kits and am I good to go? Or do I need to buy separate licenses for ESXi etc?

Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated Smiley Happy

Kind regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

So there are two packages, bundle and add-on.

Bundle includes all vCenter and vSphere that you need for your users.

Add-on assumes that you already have licensed vSphere and vCenter.

The starter-kit includes the vCenter licence and ThinApp Packager, and since you only need one licens-key for those they are in the starterkit.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Hi Raymond.

There is a few different packages, but to make it simple for you and have the functionality that most customers need then you should get:

1 x 10 User View Premier Bundle Starter Kit

3 x 10 User View Premier Bundle.

vSphere for Desktop is included with that and that means that your vSphere-hosts are licenced.

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
RayV
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Linjo,

Thank you for your quick answer. There is only one thing that still puzzles me: on the site it says: "Note: You cannot mix bundles and Add-ons." I suggest this means I just cannot buy them in one buy, but have to buy the starter kit first and the add-ons afterwards?

Kind regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

So there are two packages, bundle and add-on.

Bundle includes all vCenter and vSphere that you need for your users.

Add-on assumes that you already have licensed vSphere and vCenter.

The starter-kit includes the vCenter licence and ThinApp Packager, and since you only need one licens-key for those they are in the starterkit.

// Linjo

0 Kudos
RayV
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks Linjo! It's all clear now.

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos