VMware Horizon Community
Poort443
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

4.0.1. RDP Multimonitor

According to the release notes, I can use multimon with Windows 7, using RDP:

"With View 4.0.1, you can now have a true multiple-monitor session when using a Windows 7 View Client to access a Windows 7 View desktop over Microsoft RDP. In a true multiple-monitor session, the Windows taskbar is displayed only on the primary monitor, and if you maximize an application window, the window expands to the full screen of only the monitor that contains it. "

I've tried to get this working without succes. I have no problems if I switch to PCoIP, or if I connect using the MS RDC. What happens is that I get a single monitor, with scroll bars on the bottom and right of the screen. Is there anything extra I need to do? Also, what's the prefrerred display driver, the WDDM, or SVGA 2?

Tia,

Poort.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AdamBil
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi there -

Just tested this on mine and it worked. I was connecting from a Windows 7 ultimate client to a Windows 7 Enterprise VM and the multimonitor worked. Also, when selecting "full screen" aero-remoting worked. Smiley Happy

Pretty cool...

admin
Immortal
Immortal

Poort....

Make sure you are using a RDP 7 client. It really should not matter if it is Win7 any RDP 7 client should do it.

This is not support yet as Win 7 is not yet supported so you might hit a few issues. There are some bugs still in this area.g

As Adam points out, you should get Aero as well with the right client combination. Aero does not work in multimon since RDP does not support that.

Please note, for RDP 7 the SVGA driver does not really entirely matter RDP uses a Mirror driver. You will want to start making your way toward the WDDM driver. That is the default and supported driver for Win 7 on ESX.

WP

mammer
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Having the same issue here.

Does it matter if you're connecting from Windows 7 64 bit with the client?

0 Kudos
Poort443
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

No, x64 has the seem issues here. I've decided I'll wait for View 4.5

0 Kudos