VMware Horizon Community
jcw248
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

3.1 client for Linux thin clients

Its great that you can do all of this with Windows thin clients, but what about us guys who have Linux thin clients that do not get to play with all these cool features?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

We do release documentation publicly on the commercial Linux client since it goes directly to thin client partners.

WP

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

There is an open Linux client - http://code.google.com/p/vmware-view-open-client/

Note: This client does not have all the features of our commercial Linux client.

We do also have a commercial Linux client that we give to our Thin Client partners. If you are interested in that client for your Linux based thin client you should be able to worj with your thin client provider of choice to get an updated image for your device.

WP

0 Kudos
jcw248
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have the 3.1 beta client running on a Fedora 10 VM and it works great. I am currently working with Devon IT for my thin clients. They told me that VMware has not released the code to make it available for their customers yet?

0 Kudos
jcw248
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have the 3.1 beta client running on a Fedora 10 VM and it works great. I am currently working with Devon IT for my thin clients. They told me that VMware has not released the code to make it available for their customers yet?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

It was relased last week.

WP

0 Kudos
jcw248
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Do you have any documentation on that?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

We do release documentation publicly on the commercial Linux client since it goes directly to thin client partners.

WP

0 Kudos