VMware Horizon Community
billmaxpowers
Contributor
Contributor

20 to 30 second black screen on reconnecting with PCoIP and Blast

We are having an issue with a 20 to 30 second black screen on reconnecting a active sessions, in both Win 7 and Win 10 desktops. It happens on both PCoIP and Blast. We tested RDP with no issue, it connects right away. This issue has been going on awhile but most users are login off and locking back in. There is no delay with that, it connects right a away and you see the login process.

48 Replies
Melandrach
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

@RK06

Thanks. Sounds like a different issue than we are having

@catalinuxmm

Not yet, we have an active case with VMware support and sounds like we are seeing the same thing you are seeing. We've updated to 7.5.4, even tried later agents beyond our version of Horizon. Whatever it is it's definitely Windows 10 specific, we don't see this at all on any Windows 7 VM. I'll update if we find the resolution.

0 Kudos
catalinuxmm
Contributor
Contributor

Melandrach, Hi, we have cases opened with both VMware and Microsoft as well. Should we exchange case numbers? That should help support getting to the bottom of this issue.

0 Kudos
Melandrach
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

@catalinuxmm

Much appreciated, my colleague that has been directly working these cases is reaching out to you I believe. Maybe we can get some traction on this together.

0 Kudos
TurkeyVDIcall
Contributor
Contributor

Are you only seeing this in certain conditions by any chance?

I have a similar setup, am running onesign, and the longer reconnect times only occur after using the virtual machine for a while. I can easily reproduce the issue by opening nemerous documents, pictures, webpages, and easily get the 30 second login screen (more or less running the machine out of RAM (running 8gb)), but on fresh sessions I can generally reconnect in under 15 seconds.

0 Kudos
catalinuxmm
Contributor
Contributor

We are seeing the exact same behavior you described above. The more apps are opened the longer it takes to reconnect. We tried disabling horizon view SSO and came to the conclusion that the black screen happens before authentication takes place.

0 Kudos
TurkeyVDIcall
Contributor
Contributor

Could you pass on your case number by any chance? Tried to message you privately, but unable to do so.

0 Kudos
catalinuxmm
Contributor
Contributor

Shared that with you. Please let me know if you didn't get it

0 Kudos
catalinuxmm
Contributor
Contributor

Melandrach

TurkeyVDIcall

Have you gotten anywhere with your SRs? Any resolution to this issue?

0 Kudos
Simo-MTL
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I'm having the same, the reconnect takes 13-15 seconds. After Signing on zero client, the authentication process started after it goes black screen for 5 to 6 secondes then I have the desktop screen.

I pass through the logs and made differents tests with a variété of agent versions: Imprivata, Zero client and Windows 10... Same reconnect time.

I'm using:

- HV 2209 ( I tested with 2212 same issue)

- Onsign 7.10

- Zero Client version 23.04

- Appvol and DEM

Thank you

0 Kudos