VMware Horizon Community
langert
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

2 monitors in remte but company admin not allowing

I work for a cmpany that does not allow 2 monitors in the remote application. is there a reason why an admninstartor would not allow such. Does that function take up to much bandwidth for multiplke users?  Is there a work around so that I can use 2 monitor at home like I do at the company's office

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Mickeybyte2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

The more monitors, the higher the resolution, the higher the video memory from the VM, the higher the bandwith needed to get those pixels on your remote client...

If the admin says no...

Regards, Michiel.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Mickeybyte2
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Hi,

The more monitors, the higher the resolution, the higher the video memory from the VM, the higher the bandwith needed to get those pixels on your remote client...

If the admin says no...

Regards, Michiel.
0 Kudos
langert
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks. Makes sense

I also see external desktop icons and external desktop alternate  screens pop up also side by side  with the remote desktop before I am allowed to log onto the remote desktop.

The external desktop allows me to look into network drives and other network functions ,like chrome, time card ,etc  although I do not have access to my computer drive .I think there is a function in vm ware that allows extended display on the external ?. But it seems also to problem

I guess it doesn't matter whether its remote desktop or external desktop the same issue with the bandwidth?

0 Kudos