VMware Horizon Community
vPat
Contributor
Contributor

2 load balanced connection servers not syncing/sharing info

I have 2 view connection servers running version 6.2.1, they are load balanced with a Citrix Netscaler, we recently upgraded to 6.2.1 and have ran into some behavior/issues

-If I go to View Administrator and look under connection servers 1 shows version 6.0.1-2088845 and the other shows version 6.2.1-3284346 (I tried the full power off and power on connections servers but it did not resolve this)

-If I create a desktop pool and load balancer send me to connection server 1, I don't see the entitlement if I am load balanced to connection server2

-if I see the pool that was created on connection server 1 on connection server 2 and try to edit it I get Adam errors

0 Kudos
4 Replies
joshopper
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Well it looks like the upgrade failed on Connection Server 1 if it is still showing the older version, can you run a repair, reboot and see if it takes? What version is showing in Add/Remove Programs?

0 Kudos
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

It could be that replication is failing in your environment. Do you see the same mismatch when you go to View Administrator on the other server?

You could try uninstalling Connection Server and the VDMDS AD LDS instance on the Connection Server that is showing 6.0.1 and out of date entitlements and reinstalling it as a replica instance. The reinstallation will perform a series of checks to make sure your DNS etc. is correctly set up. The Horizon logs also periodically show the status of your replication.

Mark

vPat
Contributor
Contributor

from my 2 view servers vdiview and vdiview2

vdiview: shows them both at the upgraded version

vdiview2: shows one of them at the upgraded version the other is the old version

0 Kudos
vPat
Contributor
Contributor

add and remove program shows the upgraded version

and when I check from one connection server it shows them both at new version and from the other server it shows the mismatch

0 Kudos