VMware Horizon Community
HussamRabaya
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

folder redirection with UEM or MS GPO?

what is preferred way or the best practice to do folder redirection for user data , is it MS folder redirection or with UEM

and why ?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DSigmond
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi HussamRabaya,

It depends on the situation I think. If you are managing the complete user environment with VMware UEM, I suggest it will be logical to apply folder redirection from within UEM. This way you can have a nice separation where the User part that is only managed within UEM and the system with GPO and/or a deployment tool.

If for some reason, you need multiple folder redirection settings for different sets of users, you have the ability to use the powerful conditions of UEM.

Hope this helps?

Regards,

Dennis

View solution in original post

1 Reply
DSigmond
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi HussamRabaya,

It depends on the situation I think. If you are managing the complete user environment with VMware UEM, I suggest it will be logical to apply folder redirection from within UEM. This way you can have a nice separation where the User part that is only managed within UEM and the system with GPO and/or a deployment tool.

If for some reason, you need multiple folder redirection settings for different sets of users, you have the ability to use the powerful conditions of UEM.

Hope this helps?

Regards,

Dennis