VMware Horizon Community
apelz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Wrong keyboard layout on windows 10 2009

Hi everyone,

we are running windows 10 enterprise x64 2009 en-us on horizon 9.0.1 as instant clones. We have trouble with keyboard layouts! Our users running windows 10 pro x64 de-de and want to use a german keyboard. we are working with vmware horizon client 8.1.0.

normally the keyboard layout is used from the client system, but during the work the layout is switchting sporadically to en-us. you have no option inside the vm to switch the layout. You have to disconnect (not logout) from the vm and reconnect, than the keyboard layout setting on the taskbar occurs.

This happens since we have changed the current windows build 2009. Has someone else these effects and has a tip for me?

Thanks in advanced!

regards

Alex

0 Kudos
8 Replies
mrkasius
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi apelz,

Is this behaviour with all display protocols? Can users switch the input methods with the default hotkey, Windows key + Spacebar?

0 Kudos
riki78
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

we have the same problem. do you have found a solution?

best regards

Simon

0 Kudos
SebastianK8
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

any solution for this case? I have a customer with same issue... some users (unfortunately not all) have en keyboard from Windows Client + Horizon Client + Blast instead of german keyboard. 

Kind regards

Sebastian

0 Kudos
BigRabbit14
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

Still same problem with Win10 21H2! Any news or solutions?

regards

Michael

0 Kudos
SebastianK8
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Michael,

I was able to fix it with a Blast GPO in my case -> computer policies -> VMware Blast - >Keyboard locale synchronization -> Disable

If disabled, the configured layout from VDI Desktop is used.

regards

Sebastian

0 Kudos
BigRabbit14
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Sebastian

thank you for your solution input. We already set this GPO Setting, unfortunately without success.

We continue searching.

regards

Michael

0 Kudos
FlowDE
Contributor
Contributor

Hey,

we had the same issue whit Igel Clients on OS 11.06.100 - There is a Firmware Bug after downgrading  to 11.05.120 the issue is gone.

If you running also Igel Thin Clients that could be the solution.

Greetings 

JT

0 Kudos
BigRabbit14
Contributor
Contributor

Hello JT

Thank you very much for your suggested solution. In the meantime, we were able to solve the problem with an upgrade to IGEL OS 11.06.250.

Kind regards

Michael

0 Kudos