VMware Horizon Community
JayeshPatel65
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Why are sessions not showing up on the activity graph on the main dashboard?

hi

I've been running tests and the main dashboard doesn't seem to reflect the current usage but then shows up some time later.

am i doing something wrong?

thanks

jayesh

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
peterbrown05
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

hi jayesh

no you are not doing anything wrong! that data is actually collected and collated on an hourly basis. so rougly every hour you will see new data appearing. but as such it does lag present time by 1 hour before session counts show up.

Really the intention of these ui's / data is not to show instantaneous session counts (for that, you can go and look at the activity pages, or assignment/farm level drill downs). rather it is intended to show trends over time and allow you to perform good capacity management for your user population. eg, have i provisioned too much (and its not being used, meaning i could save money), or, do i need more capacity in general, or perhaps do i need more capacity on a tuesday (based on specific activities your business needs) for example....

This is an area we will continue to evolve and enhance, so we would welcome your feedback for things that would be useful to see here,

(remember to click more, and go and look at the longer termed views where you can hide/show specific data as needed).

cheers

peterb

View solution in original post

2 Replies
peterbrown05
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

hi jayesh

no you are not doing anything wrong! that data is actually collected and collated on an hourly basis. so rougly every hour you will see new data appearing. but as such it does lag present time by 1 hour before session counts show up.

Really the intention of these ui's / data is not to show instantaneous session counts (for that, you can go and look at the activity pages, or assignment/farm level drill downs). rather it is intended to show trends over time and allow you to perform good capacity management for your user population. eg, have i provisioned too much (and its not being used, meaning i could save money), or, do i need more capacity in general, or perhaps do i need more capacity on a tuesday (based on specific activities your business needs) for example....

This is an area we will continue to evolve and enhance, so we would welcome your feedback for things that would be useful to see here,

(remember to click more, and go and look at the longer termed views where you can hide/show specific data as needed).

cheers

peterb

JayeshPatel65
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

sorry for delay in replying, ive been away over the holiday break.

thanks, this fits with what im seeing. for now, the 1hour period is ok, but it would be nice to have a more accurate realtime dashboard if possible.