VMware Horizon Community
JayeshPatel65
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How many users can I support in the various sizes of RDS Server?

wondering how many users we can support in a small, medium or large rds server?

im also trying to get gpu working, and wondering what the guidance will be there too.

does it make a difference if they are desktop vs application servers?

any help appreciated,

jayesh

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
peterbrown05
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

hi jayesh

i wrote a white paper on this exact subject a few weeks back. Rather than try and repeat the summary/details here, i think best to point you at the link;

https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/products/horizon-cloud-virtual-des...

one thing to note ref your question on GPU; is that the current release for azure we only support 2k12 os for gpu, and this is limited (due to a driver limitation) to a max of 20sessions.

We are working on 2k16 support, which will remove this 20session limitation and should be available soon. I will also update the white paper with new sizing info for 2k16 when its available.

let me know if you have more questions after you have read the white paper,

cheers

peterb

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
peterbrown05
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

hi jayesh

i wrote a white paper on this exact subject a few weeks back. Rather than try and repeat the summary/details here, i think best to point you at the link;

https://www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/products/horizon-cloud-virtual-des...

one thing to note ref your question on GPU; is that the current release for azure we only support 2k12 os for gpu, and this is limited (due to a driver limitation) to a max of 20sessions.

We are working on 2k16 support, which will remove this 20session limitation and should be available soon. I will also update the white paper with new sizing info for 2k16 when its available.

let me know if you have more questions after you have read the white paper,

cheers

peterb

0 Kudos
JayeshPatel65
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

i thought i was keeping you busy with all my questions.... looks like you got your revenge by giving me that doc to read!!!!

thanks, this looks helpful.

jayesh

0 Kudos