VMware Networking Community
Henrybb
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

occur error while service mesh deployment: repareFleetPools Failed. Reason: Interconnect Service Workflow PrepareFleetNetwork failed. Error: ["Unable to fetch NSX-T Transport Zone from Configured Compute in Compute Profile."]

occur error while service mesh deployment: repareFleetPools Failed. Reason: Interconnect Service Workflow PrepareFleetNetwork failed. Error: ["Unable to fetch NSX-T Transport Zone from Configured Compute in Compute Profile."]

HCX Cloud site components version information:

vc6.7 16046713

esxi6.7  15160138

nsxt3.0 15946738

hcx cloud R140:3.5.3.16246360

HCX Enterprise site components version information:

vc6.7 15129973

esxi6.7 15160138

nsxv 6.4.6.14819921

hcx connector R140:3.5.3.16246370

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JTwice
Contributor
Contributor

Have you defined a transport zone in NSX-T? Have you prepared the clusters for NSX-T?

I have not used HCX with NSX-T yet, but I did see a similar error with NSX-V. Creating the transport zone, and installing NSX on the clusters,  and preparing the clusters - solved the issue for me.

0 Kudos
mikehaddad
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello,

Have you figured our the issue? I have the same issue with NSX-T in the source and remote site.

Regards,

0 Kudos
mikehaddad
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Just found out:

- Source can't be NSX 3.0

- vSphere 7.0 not supported

This is from the release notes:

VMware Product Interoperability Enhancements

• HCX with NSX-T 3.0 (on vSphere 6.5 and vSphere 6.7) at the Destination Environment
    This release includes HCX support for destination environments running vSphere 6.5 and 6.7 with NSX-T 3.0.
    • Reference the VMware Product Interoperability Matrices for the specific vSphere 6.5 and 6.7 versions supported NSX-3.0.
    • This update does not include support for NSX-T 3.0 in the HCX Connector, or source HCX Cloud in a cloud-to-cloud deployment.
    • This update does not include support for NSX-T 3.0 with vSphere 7.0 

Regards,

0 Kudos
grosas
Community Manager
Community Manager

it helps to see the full error message from the HCX Cloud manager, but this usually comes up when there is no NSX-T Overlay Transport Zone available at the destination.  Specifically the selected HCX Deployment Cluster in the CP has to be part of the overlay tz.  Also this error can happen if DVS were selected instead of the NSX-T Overlay TZ in the CP screen where you select objects for Network Extension (the screen says select DVS, so it's misleading, but it will be fixed in upcoming release).

Twitter: gabe_rosas
0 Kudos
iforbes
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Thanks! It was the fact I hadn't deployed an overlay TZ.

0 Kudos
Xcellent101
Contributor
Contributor

I faced this error and it was due to miss configuration of the compute profile. basically you select a transport zone that does not exisit on the cluster I choose to deploy the HCX appliances on.

To Fix this you need to properly configure the compute profile and make sure that the cluster that HCX appliances are going to be deployed on have the transport zone that you are referencing in the compute profile. The network profiles protgroups should be configured properly as well (make sure to select PGs that have the right IPs configured and the Vlans trunked to the hosts).

0 Kudos