howardworleyiii
Contributor
Contributor

HCX verson 4.0.1 build 17851340 unable to create any network profiles

Community,

I am getting the below error while creating Network profile in HCX on the cloud side.

This is the error it throws,

Unable to create Network Profile
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN"> <html><head> <title>502 Proxy Error</title> </head><body> <h1>Proxy Error</h1> <p>The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.<br /> The proxy server could not handle the request<p>Reason: <strong>Error reading from remote server</strong></p></p> </body></html>

Anybody else seen this!?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ChrisFD2
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You need to add your internal networks to the proxy exclusions list on the management page https://<HCX IP>:9443

Regards,
Chris
VCIX-DCV 2020 | VCP-DCV 2020 | VCP-NV 2020 | vExpert *** | CCNA R&S
0 Kudos
howardworleyiii
Contributor
Contributor

Chris,

Thanks for responding however I do not require nor do I have a proxy server configured.  Everything went as expected during licensing/activation and I can create network profiles on the enterprise side with no issues.

Any other ideas as to what the solution might me?

Kindest regards,

Howard

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
ChrisFD2
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The reason I said to add an exclusion is that it looks as if the HCX Connector is trying to talk to a web proxy. But it's all internal to the server so I'm not sure why that would be happening. Have you tried to restart the appliance at all?

Regards,
Chris
0 Kudos
howardworleyiii
Contributor
Contributor

OK, update on this.  I have upgraded to version 4.0.2.17991614 and it did NOT fix my issue.

Still searching......

0 Kudos
ChrisFD2
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi, have you managed to fix this? Where is the cloud side installed exactly?

Regards,
Chris
0 Kudos