VMware Networking Community
howardworleyiii
Contributor
Contributor

HCX verson 4.0.1 build 17851340 unable to create any network profiles

Community,

I am getting the below error while creating Network profile in HCX on the cloud side.

This is the error it throws,

Unable to create Network Profile
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN"> <html><head> <title>502 Proxy Error</title> </head><body> <h1>Proxy Error</h1> <p>The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.<br /> The proxy server could not handle the request<p>Reason: <strong>Error reading from remote server</strong></p></p> </body></html>

Anybody else seen this!?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
ChrisFD2
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You need to add your internal networks to the proxy exclusions list on the management page https://<HCX IP>:9443

Regards,
Chris
VCIX-DCV 2024 | VCIX-NV 2024 | vExpert 6x | CCNA R&S
0 Kudos
howardworleyiii
Contributor
Contributor

Chris,

Thanks for responding however I do not require nor do I have a proxy server configured.  Everything went as expected during licensing/activation and I can create network profiles on the enterprise side with no issues.

Any other ideas as to what the solution might me?

Kindest regards,

Howard

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
ChrisFD2
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

The reason I said to add an exclusion is that it looks as if the HCX Connector is trying to talk to a web proxy. But it's all internal to the server so I'm not sure why that would be happening. Have you tried to restart the appliance at all?

Regards,
Chris
0 Kudos
howardworleyiii
Contributor
Contributor

OK, update on this.  I have upgraded to version 4.0.2.17991614 and it did NOT fix my issue.

Still searching......

0 Kudos
ChrisFD2
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi, have you managed to fix this? Where is the cloud side installed exactly?

Regards,
Chris
0 Kudos
ILYSB
Contributor
Contributor

no one has fixed this? 

0 Kudos
virtualdive
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I had the same error and I fixed it, try below.

Once the HCX Cloud is being setup in initial stages right after the SSO URL, do not restart the HCX services. Goto Hybridity and create the network profile, once the network profiles are created, then restart the services.

Regards,

'V'
thevshish.blogspot.in
vExpert-2014-2021
0 Kudos