VMware Networking Community
ramakrishnamca
Contributor
Contributor

HCX usage for multiple customer

Hi Team,

can you please kindly suggest if we can use the HCX license we bought for customer to other customer ?

Thank you,

Rama

0 Kudos
6 Replies
ChrisFD2
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Can you provide a bit more context please?

Regards,
Chris
VCIX-DCV 2023 | VCIX-NV 2023 | vExpert *** | CCNA R&S
0 Kudos
ramakrishnamca
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your reply. I'm currently working for T-Systems India as a Migration engineer. T system has already bought a HCX license and used for one customer migration. Now would like to leverage the same HCX license for other customers migrations. So we would like to know whether the HCX existing license can be used for other customer migration as well? or need to buy again a new HCX license for each customer. Hope this helps!! Please advise

Thank you,

Rama

0 Kudos
ChrisFD2
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I would reach out to your account exec or sales representative for clarification. I would have thought you cannot move it, HCX is licensed in the target location, if this changes, you'd need to license the new system accordingly.

Regards,
Chris
0 Kudos
ramakrishnamca
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you Chris. Please could you check with sales person whos handling my account and confirm me back please..Thank you.

Rama

0 Kudos
ChrisFD2
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I'm sorry, I don't know who that is. It would be for you to talk to them. 

Regards,
Chris
0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Your original thread has been reported for it to be archived, since you just created a duplicate anyway.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos