VMware Networking Community
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

HCX traffic flow with Network Virtual Appliance in Azure Virtual Network

Hi all,

I am working on a AVS environment where we are using Network Virtual Appliance in Azure Virtual Network to inspect all network traffic. Please refer to Scenario 2 from the below link:

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/cloud-adoption-framework/scenarios/azure-vmware/example-arch...

9990374530_0-1682412604022.png

We need to use HCX for migrate our windows servers from on-premise to Azure Cloud and wanted to know what all prerequisites we need to validate on-premise or on HCX installation before we move forward? Though, we will first try to migrate few test VMs but any suggestions would be highly appreciated. 

Are there any hair-pinning issues that we might observe on-premise?

Regards

Pravesh Kaushal

0 Kudos
2 Replies
lvaibhavt
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

0 Kudos
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi Vaibhav,

AVS and HCX has been setup successfully. However, as mentioned in my previous comment about the setup. I don't think enabling GlobalReach is required in this scenario as AVS workloads are not communicating with on-premise env post migration to cloud. 

Could you please suggest? What will be the actual traffic flow during migration via HCX in this setup? 

Any tips to post configure logical segments in NSX-T on AVS for EW and NS traffic flow?

Regards

PK

0 Kudos